Five Simple Steps For Cooking A Great Steak
Grilling a great steak can be simple but time consuming. If you don’t have time to sit by the grill, you can visit a great steak restaurant instead.
(NAPSI)—While steak has long been a crowd favorite at cookouts, not everyone is comfortable preparing it—so here’s some advice from steak experts.
Follow these five tips that make grilling up steak simpler than it seems.
1. Choose the right cut and quality of meat. Some cuts are better for grilling than others, depending on the combination of fat and meat that contribute to the flavor. There’s no right or wrong answer. Decide what’s right for you and consult your grocer or butcher on the choices available. Meats are graded on several categories, including the marbling of fat, which adds to the distinct flavor of steak.
2. Give your steak time to breathe and season early. Let your steak sit on the counter for at least 20 minutes before cooking. Steaks at room temperature take seasoning better and will cook faster. Season steaks about 15 minutes before you put them on the grill to give the seasoning a chance to dissolve and evenly flavor the meat.
3. Find your grill style and flavor. Gas grills are great for cooking but can sometimes impart a gas flavor to the steak. Coal grills create a more natural smell of the meat cooking. Wood chips can add flavor if you’re smoking your meat but may also add to grilling time.
4. Hands off. Avoid constantly flipping your steak. Know how thick your steak is and roughly how long it takes to cook. Flip it once and give it a quarter turn once on each side. For a one-inch steak, cook each side for approximately nine minutes for a medium temperature.
5. Keep it simple. Let the natural flavors of the steak stand on their own. A good cut of meat doesn’t need to be slathered in sauces, thick rubs and butter. A little salt, pepper and light seasoning will do just fine.
If you don’t have the time or patience to cook your own steak, you can leave the grilling to the restaurants of Buffets, Inc. The new Rancher’s Select® Sirloin is now available every night of the week after 3:30 p.m. at Ryan’s®, Old Country Buffet® as well as Country Buffet®, Hometown® Buffet, Fire Mountain® and Granny’s BuffetSM. This premium steak is grilled fresh and served to order by skilled Grillmasters.
For more information, visit www.hometownbuffet.com, www.oldcountrybuffet.com, www.countrybuffet.com, www.ryans.com, www.grannysbuffet.com and www.firemountainbuffet.com.