Travel Smart on Your Next Trip
A good loyalty program makes renting a car when traveling easier and better than ever.
(NAPSI)—Whether you’re traveling for business or pleasure, your next trip can be easier and less expensive if you follow these five tips:
1. Go off-peak and mid-week. Popular destinations are less crowded because so many people want to get out of town for the weekend. Rates tend to increase Thursday through Saturday for outbound travel and Sunday through Monday for the return.
2. Pack light. So you don’t have to pay for extra baggage, carry clothes you can mix and match and look for items that won’t wrinkle. Also, don’t forget to leave space for vacation purchases.
3. Join loyalty programs for air, hotel and rental cars. For example, Enterprise Rent-A-Car’s Enterprise Plus loyalty program is free to join and rewards regular renters with perks including free rental days at more than 6,000 neighborhood and airport locations.
4. Stay in the suburbs or the outskirts of the city you want to see. Accommodations are likely to be less expensive.
5. Ask for a discount. You might get it, especially at a hotel that’s not at 100 percent occupancy.
These easy-to-follow tips will put your travel dollars to work for you. You’ll want to sign up for loyalty programs in advance of planning your next trip so you can take advantage of expedited reservation service and other added benefits, such as special offers. To enroll in the free Enterprise Plus loyalty program, visit www.enterpriseplus.com, call (866) 507-6222 or stop by any rental location.