Big News Of Small Spaces
Shelving units can help you make the most of your closet.
(NAPSI)—Living large in a little home may not only simplify life, minimize costs and reduce environmental impact, it can be easier to achieve than many realize. Following these easy tips can help make rooms feel bigger and brighter.
1. Open floor plans and furniture placement that leaves views open make spaces easy to navigate and the room feel bigger.
2. Lighten up. Light colors on walls and furniture help small spaces feel large. Letting in natural light extends the feel of the room beyond its boundaries.
3. Get double-duty furniture: tables and ottomans with hidden storage space. Clean spaces look bigger, so keep clutter out of sight.
4. Store smart and stay organized. Shelving units maximize wall space for storage; add baskets on the bottom shelves for extra capacity. Fill clear containers with seasonal clothing and items and slide them under couches and beds.
5. Convert a closet into a home office by adding a desk and shelves. Hang organizers on the back of the door for extra storage. Close the door and the computer and paperwork are out of sight, instantly opening up the room.
For more tips on making the most of small spaces, visit the www.homes.com Idea Gallery.