Your Kids Can Be The Stars Of Their Own Storybooks
Your children can enjoy reading beautiful books—about themselves.
(NAPSI)—For the holidays or any occasion, you can give the kids you care about a truly precious present: the gift of the love of reading.
According to the experts on learning at the National Education Association, the more time children spend reading, the better they do in school.
Making It Personal
One good way to encourage kids to read is to give them books about themselves. Here’s how: You simply go to MyChronicleBooks.com and browse the books and other items available (growth charts and lunchboxes are very popular). You can search by age, gender or type of gift. Preview the products right on the screen. Then fill out a form describing the child, answering questions about his or her name, city, birthdate, friends, favorite color and so on. Then, if you like, you can write a special note and add a photo to the dedication page. It’s that easy.
Your child will be the star of a story featuring award-winning and best-selling authors and illustrators. The book or other gift—growth charts, lunchboxes, place mats, stationery and wall decor are also available-will be custom-made by MyChronicleBooks and shipped within two weeks.
More Reading Ideas
Further steps that can help include:
• Read aloud to your little ones-the earlier you start, the better. Even a baby can see pictures, listen to your voice and turn pages—and even a child old enough to read to himself will enjoy the time together. You can also take turns reading aloud.
• Make reading time a special one without the distractions of TV or telephones.
• Show them how much you enjoy reading. Have lots of newspapers, books and magazines around.
• Create a special reading place for your child. A few cushions and a good lamp in a quiet corner may be all you need.
• Visit the library frequently and get them library cards as soon as you can. Have a small celebration when your child gets that first library card.
To create a personalized book and get more information, visit www.mychroniclebooks.com.